Sometimes during the house move you can make a lot of mistakes. Hopefully if you follow these pointers you will avoid making some of them.
- First things first – employ a professional removals service!! You may think this will blow the budget immediately but you will be really surprised at how reasonably priced most local removal services are. They also do a really professional job which makes them extra value for money.
- Another reason to get a professional removal company involved is that they can help in more ways than just moving you. They always have a great range of related services available, like packing and storage for example and they’re a useful source of information too.
- I kind of stole this point from my last removals company. Make a moving checklist! There are other things you need to remember to do on your moving day but in planning it, you can make sure you don’t forget anything. It’s always good to start work on your moving checklist in plenty of time ahead of your due moving date. This will make sure you don’t waste time of the day which will cost you more money.
- One important thing to put on your moving checklist is to rationalise your belongings. It’s absolutely pointless to transport something from one property to another when it isn’t going to be used. You have to be ruthless at this stage and make sure you really do throw out or dispose of everything that might be using up space unnecessarily. This is even more important if you are going to be downsizing and space is going to be minimised.
- Hold a garage sale to get rid of the things you no longer want or need and make a little bit of money while you do it! Don’t get emotionally attached to your belongings otherwise you’ll never cut them down and also, don’t assume someone else won’t want it if you don’t. Ever heard the expression ‘one man’s junk is another man’s treasure? Well, it’s really true. You won’t believe the things you hate can still be something someone else actually wants!
- One of the best aspects of using a professional small removals company in Sutton is that they are really well covered by professional insurance. This means that you have peace of mind that everything you own will be transported with the upmost care. If it’s not, you are doubly covered by their insurance you’ll at least see some money as compensation. That’s something that wouldn’t happen if you were personally responsible for the breakage because you did the move yourself.
- Keep Calm! It’s very easy to get really stressed out the closer it gets to your moving date. When you’ve hired professionals you can at least relax in the knowledge that the bulk of the job is done already! It’s pointless to hire a professional removal service is you’re going to be standing over them, dictating what goes where. Leave them to do it and you’ll feel much more relaxed about the moving process.
Moving home is listed as being one of the most stressful of life’s events. It really doesn’t have to be that bad though if you get the job done by a good local firm who know what they’re doing! We’re spoiled in the capitals for having so many excellent cheap removals companies here and they’ve been around for years meaning they have reputations they want to protect.